Sunday, January 31, 2016

Voting - If you are an expatriate, request your absentee ballot

     Voting has been called the cornerstone of democracy.  If you are eligible you should vote.

     If are overseas as an expatriate, you may think that obtaining an absentee ballot is a difficult process and not worth the effort. While this may be true on the state level, it is not true on the federal level.

     While you have to complete a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) in January for each year you wish to vote, the process is available online. 

     First, head to the US Department of State website to read about absentee voting.

     Second, complete your FPCA online at the Federal Voting Assistance Program's website.

     Third, make sure you mail your completed ballot by the deadline.

- Henry Park

No comments:

Post a Comment